Message from Joni Cunningham, Principal
I would like to thank you all for your support in these difficult times and to give you an update following the latest government advice on the easing of lockdown.
- We have a great new Summer Term programme of free on-line courses which you can find on our website. The programme includes our Getting Back to Work employability workshops and an Edible Gardening course which will encourage you to grow your own and enjoy the health benefits. If you want to join, it’s very easy – complete the enrolment form you will find on the website https://www.redbridge-iae.ac.uk/free-online-summer-courses-2020/ and email it back to us .
- We use Google Classroom as our elearning platform. When you enrol you will be given an Institute gmail account. For those of you who are less confident with digital skills, we have created simple guides to help you to get online.
- We moved many of our courses over to Google Classroom at the start of the lockdown. Tutors are continuing to do excellent work providing online lessons which will ensure learners will complete their qualifications and courses as planned.
- Tutors have provided links to valuable subject related resources and these are updated on a regular basis. You can find these on the Keep Learning: Online Learning, Family Learning and Learn My Way pages on the website.
- Our centres will remain closed for face to face teaching for the moment and staff are continuing to work remotely. You can email any enquiries (email@example.com) and we will reply as soon as possible.
- The safety of staff and learners is our top priority. We are making careful plans to ensure that we will be ready for a phased re-opening of our learning centres. We will continue to follow Government and Public Health England Advice on social distancing and use a range of protective measures including small groups of learners, staggered start times and courses with a mix of classroom based and on line learning. We will keep you fully informed as we develop these plans.
I hope you and your families stay safe and well over the coming weeks and that you are able to Keep Learning.
My very best wishes to you all.
Joni Cunningham, 15.5.20
Coronavirus Update – Department for Education Coronavirus Helpline
The government has launched a new helpline to answer questions about COVID-19 related to education. Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline as follows:
Phone: 0800 046 8687
Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
Latest information Updates on COVID-19: www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Guidance for educational settings: www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-educational-settings-about-covid-19