Important Notice: COVID-19
Autumn Term courses September – December 2020
Message from the Principal
There are changes to the way we can provide courses in the Autumn Term. We have made very careful plans to ensure that we are ready to welcome you back. The safety of staff and learners is our top priority and we will continue to follow Government and Public Health England Advice on social distancing.
Read the Keeping Learners Safe leaflet for more information.
What does this mean for learners wanting to enrol on a course?
We will use a range of protective measures to ensure social distancing including:
- Smaller class sizes
- Staggered start times
- Wear your face covering in the corridors and public spaces
- Sanitise your hands when you enter
- Follow the one way systems and social distancing guidance
- Majority of courses with a mix of classroom based and online learning
How will we support your online learning?
We use the Google Classroom app as our eLearning platform. This helps tutors and learners communicate, collaborate and manage their assignments. When you enrol you will be given an Institute gmail account and password. We have simple guides to help you access Google Classroom once you have enrolled.
What about learners who are less confident with digital skills?
You will be invited to join a free Digital Skills induction session with a small group of learners with strict social distancing in place. One of our IT tutors will take you through the basics of getting online, setting up an email, staying safe online and using Google classroom.
How do I get more information about a course I am interested in?
- Email enquiries (email@example.com) or leave a message on our answerphone and we will reply as soon as possible.
- Ring us on 020 8550 2398 to speak to one of our experienced Learning Advisers during opening hours.
- Course Fact Sheets on the website will provide course content and how your course will be delivered during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The measures we are putting in place are to protect staff and learners. I would like to thank you for your support in these challenging times and hope we can help you to keep learning.
Joni Cunningham, OBE