The Sage accountancy courses are ideal if you work or want to work in job roles such as accounting technician, accounts/finance clerk and private practice accountant.
What you learn will enable you to develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the accounting sector.
|Sage - Level 1 Award||DU8686||Thursday
An interview is essential for this course
How will this course benefit me?
This course will give you the necessary skills and competence to carry out a range of basic day to day computerised accounting routines and activities using Sage software.
What are the entry requirements?
- Spoken and written English at Level 1
- ITQ Level 1
- A willingness to participate in class discussions and activities and a commitment to personal study
- The time and commitment necessary to complete a portfolio of evidence and maintain attendance of at least 90%
- You must be at least 19 years of age to join this course
What will I learn?
- Introduction to computerised accounting
- Financial services and payments
- Using Computerised accounting software
How will the course be delivered?
A mixture of workshops, demonstrations, discussions, and presentations. You will work on a set of tasks (written, roleplay, presentations) throughout the course and your tutor will provide regular feedback on your progress and achievement. You should expect to commit to 2 - 3 hours a week on personal research and homework.
How will my learning be assessed?
You will be assessed by a combination of knowledge tests, assignments throughout the course.
What are the extra costs?
USB memory stick
IAB course textbook
What can I progress to next?
Upon completion of this qualification you may progress onto the Level 2 Sage, Bookkeeping and other Level 2 vocational courses.
Health and Safety requirements?
Standard teaching room low level risks