The Sage accountancy courses are ideal if you work or want to work in job roles such as accounting technician, accounts/finance clerk and private practice accountant.
What you learn will enable you to develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the accounting sector.
|Business Admin - Level 2 Certificate||EY8660||Thursday
An interview is essential for this course
How will this course benefit me?
If you are interested in gaining employment in an office environment, this qualification will provide you with the essential knowledge and understanding in all the general areas of administration. Added to other ICT qualifications, this course will prepare you to gain employment in an office environment.
What are the entry requirements?
- Spoken and written English at Level 2
- You must have a minimum of Level 1 ITQ or Business Administration
- A willingness to participate in class discussions and activities and a commitment to personal study
- The time and commitment necessary to complete a portfolio of evidence and maintain attendance of at least 90%
- You must be at least 19 years of age to join this course
What will I learn?
You will learn a range of business administration skills to prepare you for the work environment. The course covers five units:
- effective communication in the workplace,
- understanding business organisations,
- the role of the administrator,
- using ICT in the workplace,
- business documentation.
In addition there will be a session on interview techniques towards the end of the course. You will use ICT throughout the course to create and produce a range of business documentation.
How will the course be delivered?
A mixture of workshops, demonstrations, discussions, and presentations. You will work on a set of tasks throughout the course and your tutor will provide regular feedback on your progress and achievement. You should expect to commit to 2 - 3 hours a week on personal research and homework.
How will my learning be assessed?
You will complete a portfolio of evidence showing how you meet the qualification criteria set by Gateway. This might include peer and tutor assessment, learning logs, reports and tutor observation.
What are the extra costs?
USB memory stick
What can I progress to next?
This course supports progression into employment roles in office administration. You may also wish to consider other vocational
Health and Safety requirements?
Standard teaching room low level risks