The Sage accountancy courses are ideal if you work or want to work in job roles such as accounting technician, accounts/finance clerk and private practice accountant.
What you learn will enable you to develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the accounting sector.
|Sage - Level 2 Certificate||EY8695||Wednesday
An interview is essential for this course
How will this course benefit me?
This course will benefit those who want to extend their Level 1 Sage skills and are seeking a second Level 2 qualification in the practical use of computerised accounts. This course may help you gain employment in the accounting and finance sector.
What are the entry requirements?
- Spoken and written English at Level 2
- Level 1 Sage Award or equivalent experience in this subject area
- A willingness to participate in class discussions and activities and a commitment to personal study
- The time and commitment necessary to complete a portfolio of evidence and maintain attendance of at least 90%
- You must be at least 19 years of age to join this course
What will I learn?
- Enter initial capital, cash, cheque and other bank transactions, standing orders, direct debits
- Correct errors by means of Credit Notes or journal adjustments
- Enter Tax Reference codes and/or percentages i.e. Value Added Tax
- Produce a Trial Balance
- Produce an Aged Debtors Schedule
- Produce a Supplier and Customer/Account History
How will the course be delivered?
You will have access to a PC and plenty of opportunity for hands on practice plus observation and demonstration. Your tutor will provide regular feedback on your progress and achievement. You should expect to commit to 2 - 3 hours a week on personal research and homework.
How will my learning be assessed?
You will work on a set of tasks throughout the course and expected to practice and complete homework when necessary. At the end of the course you will sit the City &Guilds Level 2 Computerised Accounts examination.
What are the extra costs?
USB memory stick
IAB course textbook
What can I progress to next?
This course supports progression into financial accounting employment roles or further studies such as Sage Level 3 and/or computerised accounts courses. Your tutor will provide you with advice on progression opportunities at the end of the course.
Health and Safety requirements?
Standard teaching room low level risks