Courses for adults and children
|Chill out with your child -
meditation and yoga
How will this course benefit me?
This course is for parents, carers and grandparents of children in primary schools, children’s centres and nurseries who want to support children’s learning and wellbeing. The children will learn with their parents. The course has been designed to introduce families to relaxation, breathing techniques and yoga.
What are the entry requirements?
- You will need a basic level of English (Entry Level2).
- You must be able to commit to the full course with the intention of attending every session.
- Wear something comfortable
- Bring water to rehydrate during or after class
What will I learn?
- The course will include relaxation techniques, breathing, concentration and meditation exercises, all of which help to encourage the release of stress and promote a healthier mind and body
- The course will include an introduction to some aspects of yoga
- You will also learn a variety of stretching exercises designed to help develop flexibility, strength and suppleness
Health & Safety requirements
You will need to follow your tutor’s advice and guidance to ensure that you are participating safely.
What can I progress to next?
Progress to Childcare, Fitness, Yoga, Pilates, English, Maths and Skills for Life courses and Employability Workshops held at the Institute or Family Learning Keeping up with the Children English, maths, science, digital technology, health and wellbeing and ESOL courses run at your school by Redbridge Institute.
Courses are subject to a minimum number of enrolments and could be cancelled if recruitment is low. Where possible an alternative class will be offered at a different time/location.