|Fitness & toning||EL1300||Tuesday
|Fitness & toning||EL1319||Tuesday
|Fitness & toning||EL1301||Tuesday
How will this course benefit me?
This course is for anyone wishing to get fit in a safe and effective way. You will improve your cardiovascular fitness, stamina, body strength and tone.
Fitness classes contribute to a healthy lifestyle and an improved well-being which will benefit you at home and at work.
What are the entry requirements?
Learners must notify the tutor of any injuries and/or medical conditions (including pregnancy).
You will be required to complete a medical questionnaire on attendance.
Some conditions may require a doctor’s consent form before participation in the class.
This course requires a full commitment to learning by attending every session and arriving on time.
What will I learn?
- How to warm up and cool down safely and correctly (exercise to music or circuit-style).
- You will increase your knowledge of a range of exercises and their function.
- How to improve overall fitness, e.g. cardiovascular fitness, muscle strength, flexibility and balance.
- A variety of aerobic/ strengthening programmes, for example, exercise to music, circuit-style training,
- step aerobics and high-intensity interval training.
- A variety of exercises to strengthen and tone, such as floor work, weights and resistance bands.
How will the course be delivered?
- Interactive teaching in a friendly manner.
- Demonstration and practise.
- One-to-one and group guidance and support.
- The class will consist of a warm-up, aerobic section, strengthening & toning exercises and a cool-down.
How will my learning be assessed?
- Basic fitness test.
- Q & A and observation.
- You will receive regular verbal feedback from your tutor, who will assess you continually and informally.
- An Individual Learning Plan will help you monitor your progress and reach your targets.
What are the extra costs?
Mats are provided, but students might prefer to bring their own.
We recommend you bring a bottle of water to rehydrate during exercise.
Please wear comfortable, loose clothing (such as track suit or jogging bottoms and a T-shirt) and trainers.
What can I progress to next?
Further fitness courses at the Institute, such as Pilates.
Health & Safety requirements?
You will need to follow your teacher’s advice and guidance to ensure that you are exercising safely and following health & safety procedures.
You must always communicate any new health conditions and concerns to your tutor.