The Sage accountancy courses are ideal if you work or want to work in job roles such as accounting technician, accounts/finance clerk and private practice accountant.
What you learn will enable you to develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the accounting sector.
An interview is essential for this course
How will this course benefit me?
This course will give you the necessary skills and competence to carry out a range of basic day to day computerised accounting routines and activities using Sage software.
What are the entry requirements?
- Spoken and written English at Level 1
- ITQ Level 1
- A willingness to participate in class discussions and activities and a commitment to personal study
- The time and commitment necessary to complete a portfolio of evidence and maintain attendance of at least 90%
- You must be at least 19 years of age to join this course
What will I learn?
- Introduction to computerised accounting
- Financial services and payments
- Using Computerised accounting software
How will the course be delivered?
A mixture of workshops, demonstrations, discussions, and presentations. You will work on a set of tasks (written, roleplay, presentations) throughout the course and your tutor will provide regular feedback on your progress and achievement. You should expect to commit to 2 - 3 hours a week on personal research and homework.
How will my learning be assessed?
You will be assessed by a combination of knowledge tests, assignments throughout the course.
What are the extra costs?
USB memory stick
IAB course textbook
What can I progress to next?
Upon completion of this qualification you may progress onto the Level 2 Sage, Bookkeeping and other Level 2 vocational courses.
Health and Safety requirements?
Standard teaching room low level risks