Are you visually impaired and want a career, an apprenticeship or go to College?
Visually Prepared is a new event aimed at people of all ages with a visual impairment, particularly those aged between 12 and 25 years, their families, friends, all teachers and social workers and others in this field.
(Café open from 1.00pm)
Opening at 2.00pm by Cllr Bob Littlewood
Come and find out about:
- College, work or apprenticeship opportunities
- access training and support
- equipment to increase accessibility and independence
- what benefits, funding and grants are available
- accessible and assisted transport.
We will have:
- Dragons’ Den sessions to give you feedback on ideas (but not funding)
- advice on CV writing
- inspiring story telling about accessibility
- stalls to try and handle equipment
- help to apply for transport and benefits
- accessible computer games to try
- 25 stalls for advice on topics like equipment, education, employment and support
- taster workshops.
If you require assistance on the day of the event to get to the Redbridge Institute from local transport links please contact Stephanie Warren at email@example.com
Organised by the Redbridge Low Vision Group Partnership
our partners include: