An exceptional report from Ofsted now places Redbridge Institute as one of four top performing adult education services in the country
Redbridge Institute of Adult Education learners, staff and Governors are celebrating their exceptional Ofsted report published this week. It confirms that all aspects of provision have been graded outstanding with the inspection team finding no key areas for improvement.
The Institute’s fantastic achievement now places it as the first local authority adult education service in London to achieve an outstanding grade.
Ofsted praised the Institute’s ‘inspirational leadership’ and the ‘extremely high standards set for themselves, staff and learners’ and the creation of ‘stimulating learning environments where learners excel.’
In particular Ofsted highlighted:
- A culture of excellence, tolerance and respect with learners thriving in a high quality learning environment
- The high expectations of teachers whose enthusiasm is infectious and makes learning fun
- The quality of learning support for those learners needing extra help is excellent
- The confidence, pride in their work, motivation and strong sense of belonging and wellbeing learners develop
- The excellent progress made by learners and the number who complete and achieve their qualifications which has remained high for several years.
Joni Cunningham, Principal at Redbridge Institute, said “This result really puts Redbridge on the map and recognises the commitment, support and expertise of all our staff who provide the innovative and inclusive provision which enables our very diverse range of learners to thrive and succeed.”
“I am very proud of both the learners’ achievement and what they will go on to contribute to their communities, as well as the commitment and professionalism which our staff have always shown in supporting them.”
Margaret Partridge, Chair of the Governing Body at Redbridge Institute said “The Governing Body have always been dedicated to the success of our learners who benefit from the outstanding learning opportunities and support we provide. This is an exciting outcome with new opportunities for the future.”
Ofsted report 2018