The SkILL programme is for people with learning difficulties and disabilities. To enrol on the SkILL programme, please phone for an appointment to meet our teachers and our learning support team.
Our trained staff will assess your starting point. Courses are from pre‑entry milestone 8 to entry 3. To access and participate in our courses you will need to listen to and follow spoken instructions.
It is also important that you can participate in a group and work independently, attend each week and arrive at class on time. We offer three types of course:
- Creative skills
We have courses in pottery, gardening, photography and art. Learners can develop their creative skills alongside improving their English and maths.
- English and maths
Learners will improve their practical maths and English skills through a variety of activities to enable independence. For example:
- using the internet for research and shopping
- planning trips
- volunteering for charity events
- speaking up for yourself
- following instructions
- understanding and using social media and internet safety.
- Some English and maths courses lead to an entry level certificate.
- Entry level qualification courses
- Certificate in personal and social skills – Entry 2 Learners on the certificate in personal and social skills will develop skills in a variety of areas such as team building, using the computer, and rights and responsibilities.
- Preparing to sell your craft items – Enterprise award – Entry 1 Learners will explore how to sell and market their items. This course can be taken alongside a creative skills course, or as a standalone course.